I am a marathon runner and dietitian, and I have a passion for stretching my endurance capabilities and helping others. I am very excited to be working with KR Endurance! My coaching philosophy closely mirrors the Lydiard system of training. This type of training starts by building a solid foundation then applying event specific conditioning.
I believe that consistent training + nutrition (fuel and recover) + rest + enjoyment and fun = steady improvement and long term success.
Whether you are a seasoned marathon runner and want to qualify for Boston, or you are a new athlete looking to complete your first 5k, I am confident I can provide the training and nutritional principals to help you reach your goals.
- High school State Champion (Texas) in the 2 mile:
- NCAA Division 1 Cross Country Nationals Qualifier: The University of Arkansas
- 8 Time Boston Marathon Qualifier
- Level 1 USATF Certified Coach for Track and Field
- 9 years as a registered dietitian working with recreational and elite runners
My Running PRs:
- Mile: 4.58
- 5k: 17.42
- Half Marathon: 1.21.31
- Marathon: 2.58.58
My ultimate running goal is to break 2.45 in the marathon and qualify for the USA Olympic Trials. In my free time I enjoy running, watching the NFL, spending time with my wife, hiking with my dog, and watching my 5 silly chickens frolic in the yard.
I look forward to working with you!